The Budget and IDP are required to fulfill a number of essential functions:
- To maintain acceptable service levels throughout the municipal area;
- To establish additional services wanted and paid for by the public;
- To provide affordable enforcement of municipal by-laws;
- To account to the Treasury and the community for control of the financial resources;
- To consult the community on content and progress of the Socio-Economic Development plans for the municipality.
As we see the situation from Ward 2, there is scope for much improvement on all counts above, the single most important failing being consultation with the community. Decisions taken by TWKM that concern the public often seem to be taken with no regard for the public or for the Government policy on public participation.
Click here >> Draft Budget W2F Comment Summary 18_20
Click here >>TWK Reply on W2F Budget Report